Monday, February 18, 2008

#73 Wk53 Edit Lab III

I'm having difficulty hunkering down on the edit for our third major film project which we call The Killer. Ambivalence, apathy and fatigue

I've made some comments about HDV again. Thanks to Mike Jones at Digital Basin for his comments, posted in the show notes of VSG #68 about the viability of editing HDV native in FCP.

I'm realizing the importance of pre prod and especially previz in preparing for shoots. Getting enough coverage is increasingly a concern. We just never seem to get enough. It's not the quantity, but the quality, the number of different types and the exact type. FrameForge 3D is a previz tool that I have and I need to get to know it better.

Take a look at the book, In the Blink of an Eye, by Walter Murch. It's a great read and a good introduction to editing.
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.