Monday, November 10, 2008

#119 Rhinebeck Sheep & Wool Festival

It took a lot of time to complete this show. I changed the format, just this once, to the AAC Enhanced format, so that I can include pictures and links. I have also made the pictures available online. I'm using Photobucket, instead of Flickr, because I was having serious problems loading the files. I've never seemed to have much success using Flickr. You can search for them under the heading, Sheep and Wool NY08.

You can view the pictures and listen to the audio through iTunes or on an iPod. I don't intend to distribute this show as an MP3 file unless I get some requests.

This is just an experiment at trying to tell a story, in this case about my trip to the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival a few weeks ago in October. It was a combination holiday and location scouting trip. I'm planning on extending ideas I presented in my student film about crafts and craftspeople into a regular video cast and I wanted to learn more about the fiber arts.

It was a pleasant event, don't know if I would need to return next year, thought there is an additional day decidcated to interantional fiber vendors, that would be interesting.

It's worth commenting on the amount of effort required to create this show. I'm not complaining, it's just amazing how much work it takes to proof files and use the right ones in the chapter markings. I think it would have been better to just put the images on Flickr and left this as a simple MP3 file.

But then, it wouldn't have been the same product.

All told, it was fun and interesting to make, but I'd have to do a lot more preparation to make this fit into my regular workflow so I wouldn't miss a weekly deadline.

Now that I'm not reporting on weekily events such as classes or assignments at my school, CDIA, I have to create content on my own. It's liberating, but it also places more demands on my resources and time. I can see there has to be more planning into the future so I can have three or more shows in the can to compensate for times when I don't finish a project on time.

Learning.
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.