Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!

Still a few hours away, at least here in Eastern Standard Time (-5:00 GMT). I've been working through the weekend getting the first five episodes together before I post my first show in the next couple days.

I took some advice from a podcast that suggested you get 5 shows done before you're first post so that you have a good idea of how much time it takes, what format you're comfortably with, how long you average podcast is and lots of other things you can't know until you do it. With these five episodes under your belt, and a couple promos as well, you can have a better handle on what you are capable of.

I've been working since the beginning of December, the editing is done, AAC and MP3 files are generated and show notes are created. I intend to dole these out over the next three weeks and then I'll be creating at least one podcast a week, each week. I think I can, I think I can.

I'm using Libsyn.com as my host. I've played around in their sandbox and looked at the various settings, but I've chosen this host primarily because I hear the name a lot from a number of podcasts I listen to. The prices are reasonable. Right now I'm paying the discount rate because I don't think I would get much benefit from additional features. At any rate, I don't feel I'm sacrificing much if I'm ultimately unsatisfied with this choice. Since I have very little idea about the needs and demands of a successful podcast ( I'm willing to concede that's an amorphous concept) I don't doubt I'll have plenty of opportunities to discover many tragic errors.
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.