Sunday, January 14, 2007

#1 Looking for learning

The first podcast has finally arrived. I haven't run it through Feedburner or put in any of the directories. The blog page on the host site has a player and there's also an RSS tag you can click to subscribe. In the next couple days I'll put the RSS link on this blog and take on other things such as submitting my feed to podcast directories, including iTunes and whatever else is necessary.

Here's the show notes

In this first podcast I talk about what led me to think about production video and how I discovered the Center for Digital Imaging Arts at Boston University.
There's a little bit about me, my video class experience at Clark University and how I’ve been using video. Finally, I describe who I think might be interested in listening, or at the very least, who I think I may be talking to.

Chapter times
  • About the show :07
  • About me :30
  • About the Center for Digital Imaging Arts (CDIA) 1:02
  • Previous classes in video editing 1:51
  • The impact of Final Cut Pro on professional video 2:42
  • CDIA culture and programs 3:37
  • Who should listen to this podcast 5:49
  • Close 9:03

The first 5 episodes of this podcast, that I post over the next two weeks, will cover different aspects of being a video student, such as the school, the classes in the program and personal goals.

Once my classes begin January 23, 2007, I'll deliver this podcast on a weekly basis. Initially you'll hear me talking about what's being covered in class and my impressions of the school. As time passes and I get my act together, I'd like to include interviews with other students, instructors and visiting artists at the school. I also hope to include comments and interviews with people in similar programs at other schools.

Please submit your comments on this site or email me.
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.