Sunday, October 17, 2010

Screencasting 101.2 Podcamp CT - Slides

Podcamp Ct was a great success. Not a glitch as far as I could see. The facility was fantastic and several times I heard people say they had never had wireless access that was so good. I agree, it was rock solid and fast.

For myself I had mixed feelings about the presentation I gave on Screencasting. As before I have converted the slides to PDF and you download them here.

My goal has always been to get through the presentation slides all the way to the end. I so far I have not.

The presentation goes too deep. Even the demo I used to introduce the presentation was too involved. Well, real learning involves making mistakes, and embracing those mistakes is the path to success. As Mary Pickford said,
"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down".

So not failure. I got some valuable feedback from the people who attended, thank you all and I'll give it some more thought through the next week as I prepare this presentation for Podcamp NH. I'll comment on those changes when I post the recording I made of the presentation in, hopefully in a couple days.

As always there were many fascinating presentations, more than any one person could see - 4 tracks running at the same time. I particularly enjoyed one late in the day on the international implications of being online.

I met a lot of fun and generous people. There was a two hour lunch, time for lots of talk and lots of great restaurants within a couple blocks of the facility we were in. Afterward there was more time to talk at nearby bar. A really good event. It was big, but on a human scale and it gave me weeks of things to think about.
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.