Saturday, January 20, 2007

#3 CDIA Curriculum

There's a number of ways you can hear this episode. You can listen to it through the Flash player on the host site or subscribe to it using the RSS feed. I will be registering it on the directories, including iTunes, over the next couple days. You can download the Flash Player here.

This very lengthy episode has me reviewing most, but not all the classes I'll be taking at the Center for Digital Imaging Arts. I discuss my expectations as well as what my personal interests. In a nutshell I'm looking forward to everything.

My gung ho attitude is due to my expectation that I will never get another opportunity to attend classes in such a lengthy, structured manner. I believe in lifelong learning, but that constitutes fitting the learning in between large chunks of life. For the next 18 months that equation will be reversed, where, wherever I can help it, the classes take precedence.

I've done my homework, checked out the school, the instructors, the program, the content of the classes, interviewed students, clocked the commute, calculated how many hours of sleep a week I can live on. Now it's up to me.

I don't believe in passive learning. I intend to dig into this experience with my nails. I know what I want to know, in a vague sort of way. I also know I need to be paying attention so that when something unexpected comes at me I can get a piece of it as well. If I'm not satisfied when I'm finished, it will be my own fault.

Chapter times
  • Introduction :10
  • 1 Fundamentals :59
  • 2 Camera & Lighting 1:19
  • 4 Project 1 6:15
  • 5 Editing 1 6:51
  • 6 Editing Lab 7:48
  • 7 Documentary Camera 8:21
  • 8 Interview 10:26
  • 9 Editing II 12:16
  • 10 Directing Documentary 12:57
  • 13 Directing Drama 13:39
  • 14 Preproduction 13:56
  • 15 Cinematography 14:18
  • 16 Locations 14:36
  • 18 Final Production 15:09
  • 25 Workshops 16:23
  • 26 Final Cut Pro 17:34
  • 27 Practicum 18:01
  • Close 20:16


You can leave comments on the blog or send me email. Show notes are also in lyrics section of the .mp3
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.